Monday, January 30, 2012

Sewing Class

I got a sewing machine almost three years ago for a wedding present and it has been sitting in the original packaging since then. Until this past Saturday! My dear friend Candice took on the challenge to teach me how to use it. Bless her heart. All she wanted in return was a cupcake from Society Bakery! Done! I'm pregnant and cupcakes sound delicious. Who am I kidding? Cupcakes sound delicious ALL the time.

Well, once I got the sewing machine out of the box, Candice got me all set up. I have to say, I am a super champ when it comes to my sewing machine. Well. minus the fact that I always forget to put the little arm down that makes the foot go down. But once I make that mistake and get all of the thread unwound and then re-thread, I am good to go. I even made a little jewelry pouch! I was so excited that I ran outside to where Jesse, Glenn, Rhoads and Jesse's dad were busily working on the roof over the deck, and bragged and showed it off. I got an uproar of congratulations and hugs! (In my little dream world.) IN reality, I got a high five and a kiss. (The kiss was from Jesse, not anyone else.) Next stop, pillows and curtains and clothes....Okay, maybe not clothes, but I will follow in my mom's footsteps and make some amazingly elaborate Halloween costumes for Owen and our other future children. BIG thanks to Candice for being my amazing sewing teacher!

PS... Society Bakery on Greenville is the bomb! Best. Cookies. Ever!

xoxo,
Annie
Proud of my jewelry pouch! It is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment