Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year

New Year's Eve at A and B's wedding
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Oh my! It is already 2012! I am so looking forward to this amazing year. It is the year our first baby Byrd will be born! 


The hubby and I spent New Year's Eve celebrating love at our dear friends' wedding. It as quite the celebration, complete with a photo booth and koozies. My sweet friend  AAJ was a stunning bride! 


I know I was MIA during the holidays, so I will catch you up now! Today is January 3, so tomorrow I will be 18 weeks prego! You can see in the picture below that baby is growing. My bump grew exponentially over the holidays. I keep telling myself that it is baby, but I know I am lying to myself. About 8 oz. of that is baby, the rest is delicious food that I devoured over the last few weeks. It is probably a good thing that I will be heading back to work tomorrow so I won't be tempted to snack so much! 
18 weeks! Mack wanted in the photo. Excuse his laser eyes :)


The hubby and I had an eventful Christmas! We had Christmas with the Byrd family on Thursday before we went to Midland. Midland was wonderful! We got to spend time with my family. My big brothers came home, so mom and dad got to have all their chickens back in the nest. Padi brought Tia Karen home and Tres and Dawn got to come home too! It was awesome having the WHOLE family all together. Baby Byrd got some wonderful gifts from Patticakes and Dude, Byrdie and Papa, Tia Karen and Uncle Padi, Aunt Dawn and Uncle Tres, and Aunt Georgia. Jesse and I love our families so much. We are so lucky! This baby sure is going to be loved...and spoiled. 
Christmas in Midland was cold, beautiful and WHITE! I was worried when we left Dallas that we were going to be stuck in another blizzard like on Christmas Eve of 2009, but luckily the snow didn't start until we were about 30 minutes outside of Midland. We took Mack and Snoop to the park by my parents' house and let them run like crazy. The chased snowballs and each other. The hubby and I loved watching the dogs play but can't wait for our little one to be here and be big enough to play in the snow. 

It is back to work for me tomorrow. I am dreading it and looking forward to it all at the same time. The last two weeks have been so much fun being off, but it's back to reality...for now :) 

2 more weeks until we find out if it is a Bonnie or an Owen! 

xoxo,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment