Monday, January 9, 2012

Acting like a kid

Thank goodness for Jesse's younger cousins. They give me an excuse to act like a kid....until baby Byrd is here, of course! :)

 Jesse and I got to spend time with his sister, Georgia, and cousins, Macy and Campbell, this past weekend. We spent Friday eating Chinese take out and played Hedbandz. What a fun game! If you haven't played it before, it is definitely worth the money! Everyone wears a headband and you put a card in it with a word. You go around in a circle and ask yes or no questions to try to figure out what you are. It was fun, but I was absolutely terrible at it! I blame "baby brain." I kept asking the same questions, forgetting what I had already asked. Jesse was really, really good at it...as always. 

On Saturday, the girls came out and we took them to Raising Cane's. Ok, ok...IF I had it my way, we would go to Layne's in College Station, but Cane's is here in Dallas and equally as good! Don't you dare call me a bad Aggie. Anywho! If you know me and my pregnancy, you can only imagine how glad I was to have some delicious CHICKEN FINGERS! That is all I craved for about 8 weeks. I still crave them, but not so obsessively. I talked about chicken fingers so much for a while that Tia Karen and Uncle Padi had nicknamed baby Byrd "chicken finger." Anyways, we took the girls there because Macy is a chicken finger connoisseur and has an INTERNATIONAL top 10 best chicken fingers list. Her number 1 is the TGIFridays in Tokyo. She liked the chicken, so I was happy. While there, Jesse decided we should go to the Dallas World Aquarium. I was shocked flabbergasted  super excited because I love, love, love the Aquarium. I had only been once before on my 25th birthday (I begged and begged to go.) When we were in downtown last, I said I wanted to go again and he aid we'd go once baby Byrd was like 2. I was sad. BUT we got to go on Saturday! I was squeely and excited like a little kid. Honestly, I was way more enthused than the girls were, but they did end up having a B.L.A.S.T.
So, we are still a week and a half way from finding out if baby Byrd is a Bonnie or an Owen! It is killing me because I am so anxious to know! Apparently there are some family members...*cough* Amy, Macy, and Campbell *cough* that are absolutely convinced that it is a Bonnie. So convinced in fact that I received this adorable gift from them. -------------->
How stinking cute is that diaper cover and bib?! The heart on both is made of iridescent pink sequins. LOVE! And those adorable sockies?! If this baby isn't a girl, I think there will be some disappointed cousins, and an embarrassed baby boy. This baby is wearing this no matter what!

xoxo,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment